There is something amazing that I love to picture when I worship Him or spend time in His presence, and that is the simple fact that we are in His Hands. He literally holds us to Himself, in the palm of His hands we are safe from the enemy, we are prized and loved. He holds us when we are joyous, when we are broken, from our conception, to our very last breath... We are always in His hands, through the storm, through the rain, through the heat of the day, and the cool of the night.
There are so many verses that speak of this, as well as multiple songs. I've compiled a few that I like to meditate on, so that I could share them with you here.
- "You go before me, You shield my ways, Your hand upholds me, and I know you love me." - At the Cross, Hillsong
- My soul keeps ever near you: your right hand is my support. Psalm 63:8
- "And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory." - My Redeemer Lives, Nicole C. Mullen
- I am the living one. I died, but look--I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. Revelation 1:18
- "And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand" - Praise You in the Storm, Casting Crowns
- You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8
- "When my world is shaking, heaven stands. When my heart is breaking, I never leave your hands." Your Hands, JJ Heller
- "Found in Your hands fullness of joy, all of my fears suddenly wiped away." -Here in Your Presence, New Life Worship